Medical Students & Sub-Internships
Family Medicine Residency of Idaho (FMRI) offers clerkships and sub-internships for medical students in both Family Medicine and Pediatrics.
Family Medicine or Pediatrics
Students interested in Family Medicine or Pediatric clerkships or sub-internships at FMRI must first meet the following criteria.
Medical Student Elective Rotation Criteria:
- FMRI will accept third year clerkship medical students from the University Of Washington School Of Medicine, the University Of Utah School Of Medicine or the Pacific Northwest University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- FMRI will accept fourth-year medical students for Family Medicine sub-internships or out-patient rotations from any U.S. medical school after items 1-3 below have been received, reviewed and approved.
- Due to hospital credentialing, non University of Washington students applying for an inpatient, sub-internship rotation must first be approved by FMRI and then apply through the University of Washington visiting student clinical elective program, VSAS. Please check the University of Washington rotation dates before applying. Requested rotation dates should fall within the rotation guidelines and ideally be for four weeks. Registration through VSAS should be started at least eight weeks prior to your desired rotation date and the final confirmation of your rotation from the University of Washington received at least two weeks prior to your rotation start date in order to be eligible to start your rotation.
- Non University of Washington medical students applying for an outpatient elective will not have to register through the VSAS.
- Please send:
- Part I of the USMLE or COMLEX exam scores.
- Copy of medical school transcripts.
- Completed copy of the Medical Student Questionnaire.
Please note: Final rotation date approval for fourth year visiting students cannot be given until after May 16 of applicant’s third year of medical school. A vehicle is required for this rotation and we do not provide housing for students completing fourth year rotations and non University of Washington third year students.