The application process allows the faculty and residents of the Family Medicine Residency of Idaho to thoroughly review each applicant’s credentials prior to extending an invitation to interview. Applications will only be accepted through the ERAS system. Interviews will be scheduled during the fall/winter. The interview allows the applicant an opportunity to discuss the program with the faculty and residents, meet with staff members and examine the facilities and hospitals. Spouse or significant are encouraged to participate in the interview day, including a spouse-hosted lunch and informal dinner hosted by our residents and faculty. Arrangements for them to meet the spouses of current residents will be made. A short tour of Boise is scheduled on the drive to each hospital for the hospital tours.
Deadline for receiving applications is November 1.
After all applicants have been interviewed, the faculty and residents rank applicants in order of preference and submit the list of names to the National Resident Matching Program.
- Only ERAS applications are accepted: applicant must contact their medical school.
- Our deadline is November 1.
- Must have a USMLE score of 210 and have not failed USMLE step 1 more than once and no failed attempts on USMLE step 2. COMLEX minimum score of 500.
- Foreign medical graduates must have completed USMLE step 2.
- Applicant must not be more than two years out of medical school.
- Three letters of recommendation are required. One must be a letter from a Family Medicine physician they have worked.
- Foreign applicants must be fluent in both written and oral English. Our Residency does not support or sponsor VISA’s of any kind.
- Foreign applicants must have US clinical experienced and have a letter of recommendation from a US family physician that they have worked with.
- If Foreign Medical Graduate, please contact the Idaho State Board of Medicine to make sure your medical school is an approved school for licensure in Idaho, (208) 327-7000. If not approved, we cannot accept your application.
- Friday, November 3, 2017
- Friday, November 10, 2017
- Tuesday, November 14, 2017
- Friday, November 17, 2017
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017
- Friday, December 1, 2017
- Tuesday, December 5, 2017
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- Friday, December 15, 2017
- Tuesday, December 19, 2017
- Friday, January 5, 2018
- Tuesday, January 9, 2018
Residency Program Coordinator
Family Medicine Residency of Idaho