Patient Advisory Group
A Patient Advisory Group provides an opportunity for patients to have a voice in decisions that affect how they receive care. This is a setting for patients to engage in discussion and provide ideas how a patient may influence patient centered care at the Family Medicine Health Center.
Applications are currently being accepted!
The group consists of patients and/or their family members and staff, who work together to strengthen partnerships between patients, families, and the healthcare community.
The group represents a diverse population of age, gender and cultural backgrounds. Together, they listen, communicate, plan and develop responsive services.
We are looking for current patients or family members of current patients. Applicants do not need any specific background or experience to serve on the Patient & Family Advisory Council, but you should meet the following guidelines:
Why should I serve?
- Gain an opportunity to help others, share what you have learned,
- A positive attitude and ability to share and see many different points of view.
- Good listening skills.
- Enthusiasm for FMHC’s mission of excellence in patient care, education, and family advocacy.
- Ability to share both positive and negative experiences in a constructive way.
- Ability to communicate and work with families and staff whose backgrounds, experiences and styles may be very different from your own.
Your participation as a Patient Advisory Group member will provide the opportunity to:
- Influence the direction of activities, services, and policies. Your opinion matters. You can help shape how services or policies evolve and improve.
- Learn more about programs that may benefit you, your family members and other patients.
- Assist families in locating and utilizing services and programs.
- Learn or strengthen skills that help you in your present job or help you get a better one. Your experience with the group could strengthen your resume.
- Participation in the group may broaden your network and contacts.
- Making a difference. This is your opportunity to create positive change in the lives of individuals and their families.
- Should be an established patient.
- Should be 18 years of age or older.
- Should be able to commit to serve as a member of the group for one year period of time and attend quarterly meetings.
- Should have had at least two visits within the previous 12 months.
- Should have a constructive approach for providing views and feedback and be open to seeing different points of view.
- Should be positive and supportive of the Mission and Vision of the Family Medicine Residency of Idaho and Family Medicine Health Center.
- Should be respectful of other individuals with differing view and backgrounds.
- Should be able to interact, collaborate, and communicate effectively in a group with many different people (ages, ethnicities, and backgrounds).
- Work in partnership/collaboration with others.
A small workgroup will review completed applications. The group will then submit their recommendations to the Program Director and Chief Executive Officer, who will make the final membership selection.
We’d love to have you apply if you meet the specifications in the selection criteria mentioned above!