Outreach and Community Health
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKERS (CHWS) AT FAMILY MEDICINE HEALTH CENTER ASSIST COMMUNITY MEMBERS IN SEVERAL AREAS OF NEED.
- Insurance enrollment with health insurance plans Access to Health Care services: Medical, Pediatric, Dental, Behavioral Health, Social Welfare
- Access to Community resources: housing, employment, food, transportation, etc.
- Community involvement in conferences, classes, health fairs, and other events
- Health education for individuals and groups on topics such as:
- Nutrition – Cooking Classes
- Diabetes Self-Management
- Household & Occupational Safety
Appointments with FMHC’s CHWs are available at all FMHC clinics!
You can learn more about Idaho Community Health Workers by watching the video below. Featured, you will find our very own Community Health Workers; Luis Lagos and Diane McKinnis. Also featured is our Clinic Director of the Raymond Clinic, Dr. Jeffrey Edwards.