Meridian Schools Clinic
Watch this video about Family Medicine Health Center Meridian Schools Clinic:
The Meridian Schools Clinic is a collaborative venture between the Family Medicine Residency of Idaho (FMRI) and the West Ada School District. The District is the host site of the clinic and FMRI is the medical sponsor. The clinic delivers high quality health care to children and adolescents. Our shared goal is to help children succeed in school and in life by keeping them healthy, in school, and ready to learn.
With a focus on promoting healthy lifestyles and identifying illness early, we help prevent more serious illness later on. The clinic is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). We are able to provide affordable care for children who might not otherwise be able to access care.
The Clinic is staffed by a nurse practitioner, registered nurse and registrar/eligibility assistant. Mental health and dietician services are available by appointment. For more information on school based health centers, go to the School Based Health Alliance.
The target population is low income children and adolescents living in the immediate vicinity of Meridian Elementary without access to regular medical care. Schools included in the service area are:
- Barbara Morgan Elementary
- Chaparral Elementary
- Chief Joseph Elementary School
- Crossroads Middle School
- Frontier Elementary
- Lewis and Clark Middle School
- Lowell Scott Middle School
- Meridian Academy
- Meridian Elementary
- Meridian High School
- Meridian Middle School
- Pathways Middle School
- Peregrine Elementary School
- Ustick Elementary School
- West Ada students when referred by their school nurse or counselor
- Boys and Girls Club members at the Meridian facility who do not have access to medical care
We will serve and transport any child attending these schools with a parent consent form on file. However, if a child is seen at the clinic and already has a medical home, we will refer the child back to their medical home after the visit.
Because we provide family health care, we will also see siblings of the children identified above if the parent makes the appointment and accompanies the child to their appointment. These children must between the ages of 0 and 18. The clinic does not serve adults.
Family members who need health care services are encouraged to make an appointment at one of our other Family Medicine Health Clinics or other clinics in the vicinity.Meridian Schools Clinic 925 NW. 1st Street Meridian, ID 83642 Phone: 208-514-2527 Fax: 208-514-2528
Meridian Schools Clinic Services
- Treatment of Minor Acute Injury and Illness
- Well-Child Exam
- Well-Adolescent Exam (Sports Physicals)
- Routine Laboratory Tests (CLIA)
- Management of Chronic Illness
- Behavioral and Mental Health Assessment and Treatment
- Referral for Drug and Alcohol Assessment and Treatment
- Health Education and Health Promotion
- Medications and/or Prescriptions for Medications
- Referral to Specialist, when necessary
- Dental Hygiene Services: Fluoride Varnish, Sealants, and Cleanings